Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Fast and Curious?

It seems like a good portion of America was at a Cinema this weekend. Most people saw "Fast and Furious" which is the new film in that series of car movies. I have yet to see that film but movies like "Fast and Furious" are almost always in-line to make a lot of money. The idea of having a film about cars relates greatly to the public. The film made according to Boxofficemojo.com around 72 mill. However, it currently has around a 22 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It appears like the films that are making the most money are not always the "Slumdog Millionaire" films. But, the "Paul Blart: Mall Cop's" of the world.

Also, films that are apart of a sequel are normally projected to do well. The reason being companies like Warner bros. or Fox hire intelligent people. The truth is they don't care about making the best film but the film that will make the company the most money. Even if the film was a total piece of crap as long as the company made money they would continue making films in that series. Look at "Spiderman 3" the first two were very well done but the third was a total piece of crap. It still did well at the box office.

I personally don't like car films that much. I am more of a comedy guy. I enjoy films like "4o Year Old Virgin" or "Superbad". I was looking forward to seeing that new film "Adventureland." I was really excited when I found out that this film is directed by the genius who directed "Superbad". The film is described as a Semi-Biography of the director Greg Mottola life while working in an Amusement Park called Adventureland. Based on the few trailers and clips on the internet I was able to gather that this film looks promising. It did not fair too well in the box office getting outshined by "Monsters Vs. Aliens" and "Fast and Furious". I am however, looking forward to seeing it in the next few days.

I am also looking forward to seeing another comedy film. Kind of. The new Seth Rogen comedy called "Observe and Report" which is described as an epic, dark film. I am a big fan of Seth Rogen and all he has accomplished in the comedy field. I am rather annoyed that this film is being compared to Paul Blart even thought these are two different films.

I recently watched the film "Pineapple Express" again on DVD and could not stop laughing if my life depended on it. This new Seth Rogen film is directed by the genius who brought the world "The Foot Fist Way" and "Eastboud and Down". This movie shows a lot of promise but faces some challenges in its opening weekend against other new releases.

A lot of good movies in theaters.

Opening This weekend





TRAILER:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekAQzff95E8


In Theaters


In Theaters



TRAILER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNElMm8otiM



IN THEATERS




TRAILER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quq3RTEyaNc



IN THEATERS





TRAILER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F--nHysJkw


-BWEBS

7 comments:

  1. Wow...nice post. I hope it will posted regularly. Car films? I like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. Thank you for your insights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. humm..can u post more action films..i'd loved to read about it more..

    --------
    Good Tips
    http://visthe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog, Good tips
    http://tinyurl.com/bkltz6
    just follow the link and participate in blogger awards. My vote is for u> After voting for me, just comment on my blog to get my vote for u

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blog. I should defintely make an effort to check out more movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice... will be following :)

    http://freeonlineincometips.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete